Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mermaid Card

Here's a birthday card I made for my husband. He loves anything nautical so I decided to make a tag with a mixed media background for his card.


I started by applying gesso on the kraft cardstock tag and then sprayed it with water to remove several spots of gesso. Then I scribbled some blue and green gelatos over it and used water to blend the colors together. I stamped the mermaid and heat embossed it and then added some bubbles using modeling paste and glitter. I decided to color the mermaid with water color pencils to add some color. I cut the seaweed and coral out with my Cricut and sprayed them with some white color shine to give them some dimension and sparkle. I'm very happy with how it turned out and hubby was crazy about it.

This also fits the All Sorts Saturday 6/4 challenge to create a tag using mixed media at Turtle Soup. Please stop by and check out all the gorgeous tags we've created. 

3 comments: