Friday, September 16, 2016

Happy Couple

I've got a recipe challenge in the mini crop going on over at Creative Inspiration this week. This month's theme is Anything Goes so we have a wide variety of different challenges going on during our week long crop.




To start I took some watercolor pencils and applied a wet paint brush to them and then painted on the vanilla cardstock in a random back and forth pattern. I then randomly stamped over the watercolor with a script stamp.



On one side of the layout I decided to do some stencil work. I took some texture paste and colored it with acrylic paint to get it to the colors I wanted. Then I applied it using a stencil. I also added a couple of pieces of washi tape coming out from behind the photo on both sides.



I matted the photo and then added some random strips of paper at both the top and bottom of the photo. I felt like it really made the photo stand out but didn't overwhelm it since the background is so busy.


I added some bling around the page and used a wood sticker for the title.


To finish I wanted to add the date so I took a couple of random strips of paper and 2 circles and sewed them onto the bottom of the layout.


I also added a few other embellishments around the page too.




So please stop by the Creative Inspiration website to check out all the fun challenges we have going on. Who knows....if you play along you may even win a prize!

Thanks for stopping by!











No comments:

Post a Comment