Friday, October 14, 2016

Harvest

Here's a layout I had up on the Robin's Nest Blog a few days ago. This is a photo of my stepdaughter and granddaughters on their yearly apple picking trip to the same orchard that my stepdaughter went to when she was their age. I just love traditions like this! Anyway, I love the fall colors of orange, brown and green but the red and blue really stood out in this photo so I decided to go with those colors instead.




Other Supplies:

Washi Tape
Copper Glitter
Tree Stencil
Texture Paste
Die Cuts
Red Cardstock


I decided to start with the tree stencil and texture paste. I mixed some acrylic paint into the paste for color and applied it on the Blue Fleur Cardstock (backside) and sprinkled some copper glitter on it just to add a bit of sparkle to the page.


While that was drying, I went ahead and cut out the apples and basket with my Cricut. I embossed the basket with a Tim Holtz embossing folder on my Cuttlebug and then added some brads and the name of the apple orchard. 


For the photo I decided to mat it with a tiny bit of red cardstock and then layered it on top of some Blue Fleur Cardstock (backside). I like how it brings out the red and the girls overhauls in the photo. I put a strip of washi tape across the background paper and then placed the photo and mats over it. 


The Fabulous Fall came from the Fall Rub On. I just have to say I've never worked with such a good rub on. It went on so smoothy and with very little pressure. Loved how easy it was to apply!


I've had that blingy Harvest title in my stash for years. I've never used it because it was red and I don't usually use red in any fall themed projects. So glad I remembered I had it!


For my journaling I decided to use one of the Doillie Die Cuts.


So even though this fall themed layout isn't the usual fall colors, I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment