Saturday, October 1, 2016

Trinket Box

The Robin's Nest is having a Design Team call and I'm excited to be trying out for a second term with them. I have had so much fun playing with all their wonderful products and don't want it to end. For my project I decided to make a trinket box.


I started with a small round container that held some Brie cheese....just the perfect size.


I used a navy blue cardstock to cover the sides of the container and cut a circle from the Robin's Nest  Charity Never Faileth paper for the top.


I took some white lace and wrapped it around the sides and added a strip of blue bling above it. On the top I placed a crocheted doily I have had in my stash for ages.


The flowers were made using some Heartfelt Creations dies and stamps and for the centers I added some multi color beads. The leaves were cut using the Robin's Nest Green Glitter Cardstock and a Spellbinder die. I also used a variety of Robin's Nest Dew Drops around the top of the box. 



For the two hearts I tried a new technique that I learned over at Creative Inspiration. You can use chipboard or even grungeboard as I did here. You will be using some tin foil, a couple of alcohol inks, blender solution and applicator. 


Place the alcohol inks and blender on the applicator and apply it to the shiny side of the tin foil. Keep pouncing it until you get your desired look and then let it dry. 


Take your chipboard/grungeboard and cover the top with any kind of glue. Turn your inked foil over and glue your chipboard/grungeboard to the back of the foil so the inked part will be showing on top of your chipboard/grungeboard.



Then using sharp scissors, cut around the chipboard/grungeboard and then press the foil lightly over the edges if needed with your finger. 



I then glued the two hearts on top of the doily and I was done. This was a quick and easy technique and I will definitely be trying it again.


This was a fun and easy project and think I might use it to hold a Christmas or Birthday gift for someone.

Thanks for stopping by!                    





No comments:

Post a Comment