Saturday, November 5, 2016

Cleaning Cricut Mats with ScraPerfect's Best Cleaner Ever

I've got a post up at the ScraPerfect Blog today about using the Best Cleaner Ever and I can't wait to show you how amazing the Best Cleaner Ever is at cleaning old Cricut Mats. I hate having to throw away Cricut mats when they lose their stickiness for a couple of reasons. First is the cost to replace them and second is the new ones are just too sticky and I usually end up ripping the paper when I try to remove it from the mat. So, I thought I'd try the Best Cleaner Ever on one of my old mats.

Here's what the mat looked like


Here are a couple of closeups
  

 It's hard to see in the photos but they were covered in glitter and little bits of paper. First I spread some newspaper over my work space because I knew there was going to be all sorts of crud coming off the mats. Then I sprayed the mat with some of the Best Cleaner Ever, rubbed it all over the mat with my fingers and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I then took an old gift card and started scraping along the mat. All sorts of crud came off! Once I got it all off, I washed the mat in warm water with some Joy dishwashing detergent and let it air dry. It looked brand new except for all the cut marks on the mat. 


I was going to apply some of the Best Glue Ever to get the stickiness back but I was very surprised to find the mat was still sticky. I tested it several times in the Cricut and the paper stayed right where I placed it on the mat and cut beautifully. It's not as sticky as a brand new mat, which is perfect for me! And if it loses it's stickiness I can always apply some of the Best Glue Ever.

Here's a photo of a brand new mat (L) and my recycled one (R)


Not much of a difference in my opinion!

Now onto a cute little Thanksgiving card I made for one of my granddaughters.


I embossed the background with a wood grain embossing folder and then used the Perfect Crafting Pouch over it before I gently inked over it with several different colors of ink. The turkey was a pre-made embellishment I picked up at Hobby Lobby but I took some of his feathers off and added my own. I stamped and die cut all the feathers and then using the Best Glue Ever randomly attached them behind the turkey.

Please stop by the ScraPerfect Blog and be sure to follow our blog so you can see all the amazing products we have at ScraPerfect.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment