Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Treat Bags

I've got a Christmas treat bag tutorial up today at the ScraPerfect Blog. I hope you'll stop by and check it out. Be sure and leave a comment if you do! I do a lot of baking around the holidays and am always looking for creative ways to wrap them up for little gifts.


 I used two different bags here. The left one is a small plastic bag with a twist tie closure at the top. The right one is a small paper bag that I added red paper to the front and the black belt was cut on my Cricut. 

I used some plain old wooden clothespins, took them apart and colored them with a red sharpie. I figured that would be a lot easier not to mention quicker than trying to paint them.


Once I put them back together I was ready to start on the hats.


These are all the supplies I needed to make the Santa Hats.


I decided to use glitter cardstock and we all know how difficult it is to get anything to stick to it. I used the Best Glue Ever and it worked like a charm! I probably used more than I needed but I wanted to be sure it really held up since most of these treat bags will be going to kids. So, I glued the white strips to the bottom of the red triangles and then glued some smaller pom poms to one of the white strips and a bigger pom pom to the top of the triangle using the Best Glue Ever. I didn't add pom poms to both of the triangles but I suppose you could if you wanted to. Then I glued the front of the hat to one side of the clothespin and the back (the plain one) to the other side of the clothespin.


Here you can see how it opens so you can insert the top of the treat bag.



Quick and easy and pretty darn cute!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment