Thursday, December 29, 2016

Winter

I had a project up at the Robin's Nest Blog a few days ago and wanted to share it here. These photos were taken during an ice storm we had when we lived up in Maine. It was absolutely gorgeous but we lost power for about 3 days. Thankfully we had a gas fireplace to keep us warm!



Robin's Nest Supplies




Other Supplies
Stencil
Cranberry Ink
Washi Tape
Glimmer Chips

So I started with the Black & White Pine Tree Glitter Cardstock and decided I wanted to add some color to it. I used a tiny circle stencil and some cranberry ink and just randomly placed the stencil across the middle of the paper.


I then double matted the photos using both the Red Classic Swirl Glitter Cardstock and the Robins Egg Glitter Cardstock. I also added some of the white Ace of Diamond Dew Drops, one in each corner of the matted photos.


I decided I wanted even more color behind the photos so I added some strips of red and white polka dot washi tape behind them. I also added some red and white striped washi tape in both the top and bottom right corners. Over the washi tape in the top right corner I added several banners using the Red Classic Swirl Glitter Cardstock and the Robins Egg Glitter Cardstock. I also added a few snowflake glimmer chips on top of the banners using some of the Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect.


The title was done using 2 completely different types of embellishments. I used the back side of one of the Rosy Cards and fussy cut it out for the beginning of the title. I also inked the edges with the cranberry ink.


The second part of the title was from the Crimson Winter Stickers. I wanted to pop them up so I patted the backs of the Winter letter stickers with the Perfect Crafting Pouch by ScraPerfect to remove the stickiness. I also inked the edges with some more of the cranberry ink.


The journaling block also came from the Crimson Winter Stickers and again I used the Perfect Crafting Pouch by ScraPerfect  to remove the adhesive backing and popped that up as well.


For the final touch I added some snowflakes from the Winter Snowflakes Glitter Chipboard collection. I also added a blue dew drop from the Primary Dew Drops collection to each of the snowflakes. And again I used some of the Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect. That glue is amazing....you only need to use a tiny bit of it and it holds so strong!



Here's another look at the final project



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment