Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Fun Valentine's Day Mixed Media Love Tag with ScraPerfect

Every year it's a struggle to come up with a masculine Valentine's Day card for hubby. This year I thought why not try some mixed media for a change.


I started with a blank tan colored tag recycled from some packaging. I painted it with some white gesso and then started getting messy. I used a brick stencil and texture paste as a base layer and then before it dried I embedded some white cheesecloth in it. I then used my finger to apply some gelatos over the top.



Then I added a starburst stencil on top using more white texture paste. I glued a cut up small doily, a flourish die cut and a kiss me sticker using some of the Best Glue Ever to the tag. They were really small pieces and using the No Clog Writing Cap made it so easy to get just the right amount of glue on the tiny pieces.


I made a die cut heart out of white paper and then used some red Transfer Foil on it. It's so easy! Just add a thin layer of the Best Glue Ever and let it dry til it's clear and tacky. Then lay the foil on top of the glue and rub the foil with your finger to get it to adhere to the glue. Pull the foil off and you have a beautiful shiny embellishment. I wanted mine to look distressed so I didn't apply glue to the whole heart so some parts were left white and then added some gelato to those areas.


Next came some glittery little hearts. I punched out several hearts and covered them with some of the Best Glue Ever and then sprinkled red glitter over them. I pressed the glitter into the glue with my finger and let them dry. 


I die cut the XOXO and glued everything onto the tag using more of the Best Glue Ever. It worked like a charm! I had such tiny pieces and a bumpy background but the Best Glue Ever worked great!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment