Thursday, February 16, 2017

Easy and Pretty Gift Envelope for Special Cards

Here's a fun and easy project. I like to give my handmade cards as gifts and finally found a quick and easy way to present them. It's like a little book to hold your cards and then you can decorate it as much or as little as you'd like.


Robin's Nest Products



Other Products
Lace and Ribbon
Flowers
Paint
Glitter Paste
Heart Punch

To start, I cut a 12x12" sheet of  the Smokey Chevron Cardstock down to 9 1/2 x 12". I scored a horizontal line at 6 1/2" and vertical lines at 5 3/4" and 6 1/4".


I folded the bottom 3 inches up to form a pocket and glued each side as close to the edge as possible. Then folded it on the vertical score lines to form a book. I also punched holes so that I could tie the booklet closed. Before I punched the holes out I placed reinforcements down so the ribbon wouldn't rip the paper. 


Now comes the fun part....decorating the front of the envelope. I used a chipboard frame from Gina's Designs and cut it so I could use just the top decorative part of the frame. I painted it a pale pink and then covered it in gold glitter paste.


While that was drying I layered some Rosy Chevron Cardstock and Rosy Diamond Cardstock on the front of the envelope along with some pale pink lace. I also added one of the Orange Crush Cards.


I took the gold glittered piece and layered it partially under the edge of the pink lace and added some flowers and Assorted Dew Drops using the Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect and the Embellie Gellie by ScraPerfect. The Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect is perfect for adhering tiny items like Dew Drops and also is excellent for adhering things to anything with glitter on it. And using the Embellie Gellie by ScraPerfect makes it so easy to place the tiny Dew Drops exactly where you want them.


I ran a ribbon through the two punched holes and tied it in a bow to keep the envelope closed.


Here's what the inside looks like with 4 cards and envelopes.


This envelope holds 4.25" x 5.5" cards. To make one for 5 x 7" cards you just use a whole piece of 12x12" paper and fold the bottom up by 4". 

Now wasn't that an easy project? These make great little hostess gifts and really dresses up a small gift of cards for someone.

Here's another look at the final project


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment