Friday, March 3, 2017

How to Make A Cute Easter Card from Scraps

Good Morning fellow scrappers! I've got an Easter Card made entirely from scraps up on the Robin's Nest Blog.  I save the smallest pieces of paper, especially if I really like the paper. I always tell myself that I'll make some flowers out of all my little bits and pieces. So I decided to do just that for this Easter card.


Robin's Nest Products

Other Products
Die Cuts
Creme Chalk
Inks
Embossing Powder

I started with an A2 size card and cut a piece of the Pink Roses On Green Cardstock to fit the front of the card. I decided to create a little window scene so I used my Cricut to cut out an open rectangle from some Spring Stripe Glitter Cardstock. I then took a piece of white cardstock and using some creme metallic chalk colored it to look like the sky and grass.

 

Next came making all the little flowers. I used some of the Rosy Diamond Cardstock (backside) and Pink Roses On Green Cardstock for the flowers. I stamped and embossed them with glitter embossing powder and then die cut them using my Cuttlebug. I glued them all together using some of the Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect. And of course I had to add some Dew Drops to them also. I die cut the grasses and vines out of the Moss Green Glitter Cardstock and the Sky Blue Glitter Cardstock


Here's a close up of the flowers once I got them all put together and onto the card.


So, if you're like me and save even the tiniest pieces of scraps from other projects, you can easily use them to make some of the prettiest little flowers. I made a lot more than I needed for this Easter Card so now I have a nice stash of handmade flowers for other projects. 

Here's another look at the final project


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment